- Calling all who knit and/or crochet– our supply of Prayer Shawls is getting to be in short supply for both adults and babies (to be given at baptism). Anyone interested in helping out – please let Therese know – there is yarn available and Anna Marie has a pattern.
- Homebound Communion – more Homebound Communion Servers are needed. If you are available to participate in this ministry, please let Pastor Phil know.
- Socktober (better known as October) - This is the month we need socks to load up Phil and Andy's cart. During the month of October that will be our goal. We need warm ones, long ones, short ones, men’s, women’s, kids, funny ones, athletic or any kind you can find to bring. We want to make sure everyone we give them to has a nice pair or two for the long winter ahead. Socktober is here!
- Bell Choir Practice – Anyone interested in playing Bells please contact Terri Hodge, they are short a person and really need help!! Bells practice on Wednesdays, at 5:30 pm. Anyone interested - please call Terri Hodge @ 377-2615 .
- Choir Practice – Anyone interested in joining OSLC choir? Please contact Nancy Greer. Choir practices at 7:00 pm on Wednesday evenings.
- Confirmation Class – has started and meets on Wednesday’s at 6:00. Pizza is served for dinner.
- Adult Forum – the first study will be from Fearless Conversation: Is God in Control of My Life? Join Pastor Phil in the Fellowship Hall at 9:00 for this 12 week series that covers topics such as “Why would God protect lawbreakers?" and "How do I handle betrayal?"
- Alpha – we STILL need a few more volunteers from our congregation to help facilitate the sessions. For those of you who don’t know - Alpha is an opportunity to explore life and the Christian faith in a friendly, open and informal environment. It's a ten-week course that will be held in our Fellowship Hall. Essentially, Alpha is a safe place to explore life's biggest questions. For church leaders, 96% say Alpha is an effective tool for discipleship. After taking Alpha, 88% of guests were more committed to growing their knowledge of the Bible. Please let Pastor Phil know if you have questions or would be interested in being a facilitator.
- OSLC Alpha class has begun - Alpha runs for 10 weeks on Sunday afternoon from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm. You can start at any time and you do not have to attend every session. Each session will start with a light snack and a time of fellowship. Please join us and feel free to bring friends and family so they can also participate in the ‘Alpha Experience’.
- Happy Bookers – have been invited to Cottage Grove Place for their next book club on Wednesday, October 10th at 11:00 am to visit with author Ernie Buresh.
- Ladies Night Out - mark your calendar for Friday, October 28th. Pajama night.