- Calling all who knit and/or crochet– our supply of Prayer Shawls is getting to be in short supply for both adults and babies (to be given at baptism). Anyone interested in helping out – please let Therese know – there is yarn available and Anna Marie has a pattern.
- Homebound Communion – more Homebound Communion Servers are needed. If you are available to participate in this ministry, please let Pastor Phil know.
- Socktober (better known as October) - This is the month we need socks to load up Phil and Andy's cart. During the month of October that will be our goal. We need warm ones, long ones, short ones, mens, womens, kids, funny ones, athletic or any kind you can find to bring. We want to make sure everyone we give them to has a nice pair or two for the long winter ahead. Socktober is here!
- Choir Practice – Anyone interested in joining OSLC choir? Please contact Nancy Greer. Choir practices at 7:00 pm on Wednesday evenings.
- Bell Choir – there will be no Bell Choir practice next week.
- Confirmation Class – has started and meets on Wednesdays at 6:00. Pizza is served for dinner.
- Adult Forum – the first study will be from Fearless Conversation: Is God in Control of My Life? Join Pastor Phil in the Fellowship Hall at 9:00 for this 12 week series that covers topics such as “Why would God protect lawbreakers?" and "How do I handle betrayal?"
- OSLC Alpha class - Alpha runs for 10 weeks on Sunday afternoon from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm. You can start at any time and you do not have to attend every session. Each session will start with a light snack and a time of fellowship. Please join us and feel free to bring friends and family so they can also participate in the ‘Alpha Experience’.
- Catch Up/Tithing Weekend Oct. 20th and 21st - the stewardship ministry team has designated next weekend as Catch Up/Tithing Weekend. It is a reminder for each member to catch up if you happen to be behind in your pledged financial commitment for the year. Another idea is for those who don't presently tithe would be to choose that week to tithe. These are suggestions and hopefully each member will take the time to evaluate their financial gifts to OSLC.